So during the course of the day and presentations I frequently get asked why Windows 8, why Windows Phone, why Microsoft? So here are a few hard numbers that I found. I am avoiding everything except real numbers in this post.
- Windows holds 90% market share.
- 200+ Million Licenses sold (upgrades included, enterprise sales excluded).
- 5,400 unique Windows 8 certified devices (200% growth).
- 40% of devices are touch enabled (up from 5% last year)
- ~66 Billion Hours spent on Windows 8 devices in the last 90 days.
- 80% growth in Windows Store 8 downloads YoY
Those are the only numbers I could find so far, but it should be eye opening for most.